The next Legislative Assembly needs to work better and smarter for everyone.
Julie Green can help make that happen.
Re-elect Julie Green.
I will work on your priorities.
- Diversifying the economy with investments in business development and training before diamond mining ends.
- Lowering the cost of living – more accessible and affordable child care spaces
- Ramping up action on the climate crisis – investing in building retrofits and clean energy.
- Affordable housing – building more independent living units for seniors.
- A safe and vibrant downtown – strengthening programming and building positive relationships with the sobering centre.
- A polytechnic university – collaborating with northerners to bring the university to Yellowknife.
- Making the Government of the NWT work better for everyone – continuing to be accountable to my constituents, participate in committees and holding peers to account
I know the system. I know how to get things done. I know how to be an effective voice for people in Yellowknife Centre.
I bring to my work as your MLA:
- Understanding of Yellowknife Centre as a resident of the riding.
- Appreciation of the needs of vulnerable people.
- Experience as a small business co-owner.
- Research, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Clear principles and ethics that I honour every day.
- Ability to lead, be a team player and a collaborator.
My track record as MLA for Yellowknife Centre between 2015-2019.
- Supported the adult day shelter and sobering centre
- Insisted on full funding for junior kindergarten
- Pushed for increased staffing for public services
- Forced the debate on averting a public sector strike
- Worked to increase the number of women in politics
- Made myself immediately and positively responsive to my constituents